Chicken and Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Spinach and chicken are both sources of protein and spinach also offers the benefit of vitamins A, C, E, K and B6.
• 4 cups fresh baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry
• 1 cup grilled or baked chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
• 1 small red apple, sliced into thin wedges
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Honey Mustard Dressing:
• ¼ cup honey, preferably local
• 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
• 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
For the dressing: combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
For the salad: in a large bowl, toss together salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss until spinach is evenly coated.