Beet and Broccoli Slaw
Get your crunch on with this delicious salad. Raw carrots, broccoli, and cabbage are all a source of vitamins A, C and K plus they’re all a source of fiber.
• 6 red beets, peeled
• 4 carrots, scrubbed well or peeled
• 2 cups broccoli crowns and stems
• 1 cup sliced green cabbage
• 1 small white onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
• 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, minced
• 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. grainy brown mustard
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Using a food processor or vegetable grater, grate the beets, carrots, broccoli, and cabbage. Place in a large bowl, toss with onion and parsley, and set aside
2. In a small bowl or in a food processor, combine the vinegars, mustard, salt, pepper and whisk or pulse together to blend. While whisking, or with food processor running, slowing drizzle in olive oil until the dressing is well blended.
3. Toss salad with dressing and serve.