Wrap up dinner in a snap with these quick vegetarian tacos. The bell peppers are a source of vitamin C and the black beans offer a punch of protein.
• 6 whole wheat soft burritos
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin oil
• 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 small white onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
• 1 can (15 oz) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
• 1 cup fresh or jarred salsa
• 2 ripe avocados, seed removed and sliced
• 1/3 chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 250
1. Place wraps, overlapping slightly, on large baking sheet and place in the oven to warm
2. While wraps are warming, heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté peppers and onion for 3 minutes. Add beans until heated through, about 1 minute more and remove from heat
3. Remove warm wraps from oven and place ½ pepper and bean mixture onto each one.
4. Top each with 2 tablespoons salsa and 2-3 slices of avocado. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, roll tightly and serve.